Thursday, January 10, 2008

IT'S ABOUT TIME I START GETTING MY HEAD IN THE GAME

I went back to the gym this week. For Christmas my husband purchased 6 session with a trainer. The first one was today and she kicked my butt!! First of all, I HATE working out. There is nothing fun or exciting about it. I was so tired and so hungry when I got home that I took an hour and a half nap and made a chocolate bundt cake and ate half the batter before I baked the darn thing. I do have to admit that I feel better and like the results of working out but getting started is the pitts!! I have never had to exercise my whole life and now that I am 45 years old things are just not the same as they use to be. My only motivation is in 2 years I don't want to look like my daughters grandmother taking her to kindergarten. I need to look like all those other young mommies in their twenties. Well, at least I can dream....
I was talking to Linda tonight and she said that we should take pictures of our Food Bellies like pregnant ladies do with their bulging bellies. I told her ok, and that we will take before and after pictures. She asked me, AFTER WHAT?????? I think she will chicken out. I got a camera for Christmas and it is still in the box and thats probably where it will stay for awhile until I figure out how to use it. So, guess I won't be taking any picture any time soon. Gotta love the holidays!!!

6 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

You're doing better than I am, just by showing up at the gym! I know what you mean, this May my oldest graduates and I was hoping to lose my babyfat by then, but so far I'm just thinking of buying a really great girdle.

My husband gets those comments like, "Is this your first grandchild?", but so far all I get is, "So, do you know what you're having yet?"

Have a great day!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is fabulous! good job for going! and whoohoo! ok so you totally look like a 20 something mom. AND really that picture of your family makes Berlynn looks like your sister not your daughter! you look great!

Holly said...

Hey Juls! Can't call you blog stalker anymore! I went back to the gym for the first time on Wednesday - I rode the bike for 30min ran for 5, stretched then ran to speech for lucas - ugh, I just looked out the window and my neighbor is running outside!!!

I wasn't as ambitious to get a trainer - this way I can cheat on my workout!

You always look fabulous though!

And an after pix?? I've been trying to get Linda to join the gym with me (it's around the corner from her house!) for years, well it took me 5 to get her to move here - so maybe in another 5......

Unknown said...

You're too funny. I can definitely tell you and Linda are sisters. I HATE working out and a few years ago when I lost weight, I was able to do it just with diet, I'm hoping I can get more weight off now doing the same.

michelle said...

Good job getting the the gym! I am determined to get back on the treadmill this weekend! I will be 42 next month, and don't want to look it! :)

Matt said...

Just found your blog and I love it. It's nice to read one that gets to the truth. I'm 38 with a new sunbeam in primary and I can't believe that I'm this old and starting over. My little guy has been spiderman during sharing time, jumping around and casting pretend web on everyone.