Wednesday, April 23, 2008

GOING BACK TO CALI





Thought I'd better post about our trip to California. We went there to visit my sister Linda and her family for my Mother's 70th Birthday!!! Whoo Hooo she doesn't look at all 70 years old.
We had a wonderful time. Lots of shopping, eating, we celebrated 2 birthdays while we were there and a couple of ball games. There were a few minor set backs with Linda pulling a muscle in her back the day we got there. She got out of the car to help lift the heavy suitcases and bent over and couldn't get back up. At first I thought she was kidding and called her a few names but she was serious alright because for the next 5 days we had to cater to her every wish!!!! No actually it wasn't as bad as I am telling you it was. She actually did pretty dang good for the pain that she was in. She was a trooper. Thank goodness my Mom brought her handicap sticker because the way Linda was walking she totally fit the sign. :)
Mom had a good birthday, so she says. We tried to make it special and the kids definately went out of their way to make that happen. We had to hear every ten minutes from the 3 year olds "Happy Birthday", they sound exactly like Frosty The Snowman when he says "Happy New Year" and they said it just like him.
Hayden and Adisynn grab assed (thats what my Mom always called bickering) the whole time we were there. We heard, "I'm not your friend," "shut your mouth," "I don't like you," so many times that I thought I would beat the crap out of them. (But of course I wouldn't have) :o
Well, my Mom, me, Adisynn and Berlynn will be heading to Gilbert, Arizona in 3 weeks to visit my other sister Laura. The thought of traveling again and dealing with the airport scene, having my luggage put on another plane and being delivered to my house the next day, and a 3 year old gives me a headache but I'm sure when the time comes around we will be rip, roaring and ready to go. I hope!!! :)

7 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

I heard that she totally did it on purpose. heehee

Sounds like you had a fun time anyway! Love shopping with my Mom, 'cause she recently acquired one of those fabulous handicapped thingys too! So great!

Hey, maybe when you're in AZ you can fit us in for a blogger lunch! That would be so fun! We're right next door to Gilbert! Email me if you're interested: lotsostuff at hotmail dot com

smithfam said...

Good times for sure. Its a miracle- my back is totally better!!! Not really, but getting there. What a pain in the you know what!!!

Holly said...

I had no idea it was your mom's birthday until Linda told me the other day - you guys are so stealth-like, and she looks fabulous for 70, didn't even know it!

It was fun to visit - come again soon, I'm trying to stay away from the vegas heat!

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh my gosh! loving the term grab assed. my hubby won't be so thrilled but it speaks to me.

yeah way fun to have you come to AZ,we should totally get together.

and poor linda. that would suck for everyone involved.

OK and i liked Juno alot. good message. there are options for girls that face teen pregnancy, dang funny lines. and interesting music. i give it 2 thumbs up. i just wouldn't let my kids see it. my little kids under 12 for sure maybe even not 'til they are 16. BUT perfect for your daughter. the older one. she i'm sure has a clue about the real world. and the possibilities out there. it's funny, watch it and let me know what you think.

michelle said...

Supercoolmom, just e-mailed me, and let me know you are coming to town!!!! I would love to join you for lunch! What is your sisters name that lives in Gilbert? That is were I live! Such a small world! :)

michelle said...

Julie, I forgot to leave my e-mail addresss. It is Azsunm@aol.com Happy Sabbath! :)

Andrea said...

Grab assed, love it. I might have to adopt that term here at our house. We have plenty of grab assing going on...Pretty much all day every day.