Friday, February 15, 2008

SINGLES AWARENESS DAY

Thats what my daughter thinks of Valentine's Day, "SINGLES AWARENESS DAY". I think I heard that she didn't like Valentines Day quite a few times yesterday. She said that she wanted a boyfriend just for Valentine's Day. She broke up with her boyfriend 4 months ago, so I'm sure yesterday was a hard day but we tried to make it special for her. She did have a date last night so it worked out that she didn't have to hang with her parents. Heaven forbid!! One day it will be all of you guys turn to deal with teenagers if you haven't already!!!! ITS COMIN......

We celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary last Saturday, Feb. 9th. Yip, we are OLD folk. We decided last night over dinner we should have just got married on Valentine's Day then we could kill two birds with one stone. But our Anniversary is much more special than Valentine's Day.

Last Saturday, Berlynn signed with CSN to play softball in the fall. We thought she was finished with softball but the coach from CSN called and really wanted her to play for them and wanted to get her signed right away. Full ride. Can't beat a free education. We are excited for her and proud of her and her accomplishments.

Adisynn has been sick this past week. Kept her home from preschool on Tuesday. The other day while I was on the phone she carried a tall bar stool down the stairs. Now this stool is almost as tall as she is. She carried it to the front door and managed to get all the locks unlock and her and the dog walked over to my parents house, 2 houses down from us. She was barefoot and looked like hell and she barely had a voice. She told my Mom that she didn't have any breakfast or lunch and that we didn't have any food in the house and she was hungry and wanted some soup!!!! This child is going to be the death of me. We should of had Adisynn when we were younger and Berlynn now that we are older. We have 15 more fabulous years ahead of us. My husband says he's not going to be around that long and thinks for sure he will kick the bucket by then. Better not..... But, we are grateful and blessed. I need to get my camera out and start taking some pictures. I think it makes the posts more interesting when there are pictures. Don't you????

11 comments:

smithfam said...

Yeah for Berlynn!

Berlynn has many many more years to have a Valentine. Valentines Shmaletines!! :)

barlows said...

Firstly let me say I love pictures because that makes lurking SO much fun. Secondly I have a brother that would be happy to be linked with Berlynn. She wouldn't mind if he was a missionary in West Virginia would she?? She gets the title without the hassle for 18 more months. Run it by her, I'm sure they could work out some letter romance.

SuperCoolMom said...

Congrats on the scholarship - way better than a Valentine, any day! Your little one sounds like a handful - what a smart, inventive little girl!

Crazymamaof6 said...

funny little girl. and i totally get the single awareness day. i hated it back then too.

michelle said...

You have been married the same amount of years as I have...23! Happy Anniversary to both of you! We celebrated ours last month. Let your daughter Berlynn know I have a few single men at my house! :) She sounds like a cutie!

Erin said...

I love the story of Adisynn going to your moms...It's a good thing you've got them close so your other neighbors don't call CPS on you when she tells them there's no food in your house! What a cutie.
And I'm sure if the word were spread very far, Berlynn would have LOTS of "Valentines" beating down her door!

Matt said...

Congratulations on the scholarship! What an achievement and congratulations on the anniversary. Woo-hoo

Leslie S. said...

Sarah totally outed you to me. I didn't realize Berlynn was back and had to deal with so much trauma. I'm glad she is still going to play. I wish her all the best. And just what can ya say about Addy? She is a hoot and I am sure there will be plenty of stories with our girls in the future. Not to worry though, I won't call CPS on you! (If you don't call them on me.)

Andrea said...

That's too funny...Seems like something my boys would have done. Although, here where we live, it would be funny, not scary!

smithfam said...

WILL YOU POST SOMETHING NEW ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well said.